Environment Management Plan (EMP)
We “EESS” prepare of environmental management plan i.e. required for formulation, implementation and monitoring of environmental protection measures during and after commissioning of projects and that is mandatory to submit in order to take consent.
The plan should indicate the details as to how various measures have been or are proposed to be taken including cost components as may be required. Cost of measures for environmental safeguards should be treated as an integral component of the project cost and environmental aspects should be taken into account at various stages of the projects:
- Conceptualization ::
Preliminary environmental assessment.
- Planning ::
Detailed studies of environmental impacts and design of safeguards.
- Execution ::
Implementation of environmental safety measures.
- Operation ::
Monitoring of effectiveness of built-in safeguards.
An EMP should contain the following:
- Description of the recommended mitigation measures.
- Statement of their compliance with relevant standards.
- Allocation of resources and responsibilities for plan implementation.
- Schedule of the actions to be taken.
- Programme for surveillance, monitoring and auditing.
- Contingency plan when impacts are greater than expected.